The Arden Multi-Academy Trust is governed by a board of trustees made up of business people and educational specialists. The board of trustees is responsible for monitoring and ensuring standards and achievement across the Trust’s schools; efficiency and effectiveness of executive leadership and services; and the strategic direction of the Trust as it responds to local and national demands and policy.
In accordance with the articles of association, the Trustees of Arden Multi Academy Trust are appointed by the Arden Multi Academy Members. The following Trustees served during the academic year 2019/20
Chair of Arden Multi Academy Trust is Dr Celia O’Donovan
|Trustees||Date of Appointment||Term of office||Date of re-election (if applicable)||Date stepped down (if applicable)|
|Malcolm Allsopp||16/07/2018||4 years|
|Graeme Chaplin (Vice-Chair)||01/04/2015||4 years||31/03/2019|
|Andrew Cole||10/07/2017||4 years|
|Geoff Harley-Mason||01/04/2015||4 years||31/03/2019|
|Wendy Jarema||01/04/2015||4 years||31/03/2019|
|Martin Murphy||01/04/2015||4 years||31/03/2019|
|Celia O'Donovan (Chair)||01/04/2015||4 years||31/03/2019|
|Valerie Thomas||13/03/2017||4 years|
|Prof Andrew Devitt||31/03/2019||4 years|
|Des Foxon||01/02/2020||4 years|
|Andrea Gardner||08/10/2020||4 years|
All Multi Academy Trusts (MATs) have Members and Trustees (who are also known as Directors). Members and Trustees are legally and ultimately accountable to the Secretary of State for Education for the performance and operation of TMAT.
TRUSTEES have 7 key roles:
- Determine the detailed Governance of AMAT - operation of Trust Board, Committee Structure, g. Scheme of Delegation, composition of Local Governing Bodies (LGBs)
- Set AMAT’s strategic direction
- Ensure effective AMAT performance and outcomes
- Determine AMAT Policies and Practices
- Oversee effective, efficient and compliant use of public funds
- Hold LGBs to account for individual academy performance within the MAT
- Undertake Performance Management of Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Executive Headteacher and other Senior Leadership Team members as determined
Trustees have all the responsibilities normally associated with Governors in LA maintained schools, but with one additional responsibility, as Trustees are also Directors of the Limited Liability Company (liability limited to £20).
- Trustees are insured against all liability.
- Trustees serve a four-year term of office as determined within the Articles of Association.
- Only one employee may serve as a Trustee.
- All normal Due Diligence is required for Trustees including Enhanced DBS check.
- Trustees will normally meet three times a year as whole Trust Board (once each academic term).
- Trustees will establish Committees as appropriate.
Pen Portraits of Trustees can be viewed or downloaded by clicking on photos below: